You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date.
You must answer all job-related questions in the job questionnaire.
Education may be substituted for experience as described in “Qualifications.”
Specialized Experience for the CN-30 level: To qualify at CN-30, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CN-22 level in the Federal service. (For qualification purposes, the CN-22 level is broadly equivalent to the GS-04 level). You must have three years of progressively responsible experience that provided knowledge of accounting or financial principles sufficient to learn and perform the duties of a Financial Analyst. Qualifying experience may have been gained through work in a financial institution reviewing data and documents and recommending or approving loan applications or assisting customers with issues regarding their financial statements, assisting with complaints regarding charges and credits and/or terms and situations associated with financial transactions, or performing data transactions and reporting on financial activity data related to types, volume and/or amounts of financial transactions; OR
Undergraduate education may be substituted for all or part of the experience required for CN-30, as follows: Completion of all requirements for a bachelor’s degree, or a combination of undergraduate education and experience that together meet the requirements for this position. Undergraduate education qualifying for this position must have had a major in accounting, auditing, banking, business administration, commercial or banking law, economics, finance, marketing, statistics or other field related to this position and must have provided the knowledge and skills necessary for successful job performance. Undergraduate study in the specified fields may be substituted for experience at the rate of one academic year of education (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours) for 9 months of experience.
Specialized Experience for the CN-40 level: To qualify at CN-40, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CN-30 level in the Federal service. (For qualification purposes, the CN-30 level is broadly equivalent to the GS-07 level). For this position, specialized experience is defined as experience applying financial theory and the principles of business management operations and practices to analyze and evaluate financial and business transactions of companies or other entities. Experience exhibits understanding of market research, financial reports and reporting systems, and financial statement analysis.
Examples of work that might indicate possession of the specialized experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Doing company financial statement analysis at the company and industry level in order to depict the profit and return on investment characteristics of industry over time.
- Using standard statistical software packages to compile, organize, and/or analyze large data sets of consumer or company information.
- Serving as a research analyst or assistant for a professor or another professional, collaborating on the development of a published article in an academic journal or a major business or trade publication; OR
You must have a master’s or equivalent degree or two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, real estate operations, statistics or other field related to this position.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions,
3. Required supporting documents;
4. Cover letter (optional).
Note: If a cover letter is submitted, it may be used to assess your qualifications.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. You may also be further evaluated using additional assessment processes.
Category rating procedures will be used to rank and refer eligibles. Based on your responses to the online questionnaire, you will be assigned a score. Your score will determine in which of the three categories you will be placed: Categories A, B, or C. Under this process, veterans will be assigned to the appropriate category (without additional preference points) and then placed at the top of their category.
Qualified veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the highest quality category.
Review your resume and responses carefully. Responses that are not fully supported by the information in your application package may result in adjustments to your score. A human resources representative will validate the qualifications of those candidates eligible to be referred to the selecting official. Your resume will be among the factors used in setting your pay, should you be made an offer of employment. Please ensure that it fully describes your experience as it relates to the position for which you are applying.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ),you must be rated in Category B, or higher, in order to be considered as well-qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.