In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient education to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your education.
To qualify for this position you must have successfully completed four academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelors degree or completed four academic years of pre-professional study.
This position has a Quality Ranking Factor (QRF). This is a quality ranking factor that could be expected to enhance significantly the performance of the applicant in the position.
The QRF is: A cumulative grade point average of 2.95 or better prior to entrance on duty.
You do not have to possess the QRF in order to be rated eligible; however, applicants possessing the factor may be referred ahead of other highly qualified applicants. In order to verify possession of factor, transcripts or an itemized list of courses that includes transcript-equivalent information (i.e., course title, semester/quarter hours, grades, degree earned, and cumulative grade point average) must be submitted with one's application to receive credit.
You are eligible if you are currently accepted for enrollment or enrolled in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
PROGRAM COMPLETION AND CONVERSION:
· Interns may be converted to a permanent position (or, in some limited circumstances, to a term position lasting 1-4 years) within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
· To be eligible for conversion, Interns must:
o Be a U.S. Citizen
o Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
o Complete their degree or certificate requirements
o Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
o Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participants Agreement, and
o Perform their job successfully.
· Agencies may waive up to 320 of the required 640 hours of work for Interns who demonstrate high potential as evidenced by outstanding academic achievement and exceptional job performance.
· In addition, students working in agencies through third-party intern providers may count up to 320 of the hours they work toward the 640 hour requirement.
· Time spent under previous Internship Program appointments may count towards required work experience hours.
1) A high school whose curriculum has been approved by a State or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum that has been approved by such a body or a State; and
2) Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
(i) A technical or vocational school;
(ii) A 2-year or 4-year college or university;
(iii) A graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or
(iv) A home-school curriculum
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements, if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, please visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
Applicants must meet requirements by closing date of this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, and your supporting documentation
NOTE: If it is determined that you have rated yourself higher than is supported in your description of experience and/or education as described in your resume/application package, or that your resume or application package is incomplete, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be lowered.