You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date.
You must answer all job-related questions in the job questionnaire.
Specialized Experience for the CN-52 level: To qualify at CN-52, you must have the following: You must have one year of experience at or equivalent to the CN-51 level in the Federal Service (the CN-51 level is equivalent to the GS-11 level). For this position, specialized experience may be defined as: Experience performing administrative and other duties in support of a senior manager’s office. Such duties may include planning, directing, and coordinating functions and administrative operations for an office; initiating action to carry out and disseminate guidance; coordinating briefings, conferences, travel, and high level meetings; reviewing and responding to executive correspondence, maintaining calendars; preparing briefings, reports, or other presentation materials for the GC’s use; and representing high level management in exercising daily administrative and other functions.
This experience must demonstrate that the applicant has had substantial experience working with senior executives from both inside and outside the organization; and has worked in a high-pressure environment where tight deadlines and rapidly changing situations are the norm. Experience must demonstrate the requirement to use interpersonal skills to ensure the smooth operation of the office and the exercise of initiative to suggest and implement improvements in office policies and procedures.
Examples of where this experience may have been gained include, but are not limited to: work in a large Law Department or Office of General Counsel, or as the assistant or advisor to an executive in a large organization.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions,
3. Required supporting documents;
4. Cover letter (optional).
Note: If a cover letter is submitted, it may be used to assess your qualifications.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. You may also be further evaluated using additional assessment processes.
Category rating procedures will be used to rank and refer eligibles. Based on your responses to the online questionnaire, you will be assigned a score. Your score will determine in which of the three categories you will be placed: Categories A, B, or C. Under this process, veterans will be assigned to the appropriate category (without additional preference points) and then placed at the top of their category.
Qualified veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the highest quality category.
Review your resume and responses carefully. Responses that are not fully supported by the information in your application package may result in adjustments to your score. A human resources representative will validate the qualifications of those candidates eligible to be referred to the selecting official. Your resume will be among the factors used in setting your pay, should you be made an offer of employment. Please ensure that it fully describes your experience as it relates to the position for which you are applying.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) ),you must be rated in Category B, or higher, in order to be considered as well-qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.