Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in the fields appropriate (child development, early childhood education, home economics (with early childhood emphasis), elementary education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled.
A combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in a subject matter field (24 semester hours) appropriate to the position (see above), plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described above.
In addition candidates must possess:
1. Twenty-four (24) months of professional experience in managing at least 2 CYS programs (FCC, SAS, etc.) to include one year of responsibility of a center based child or youth program facility. This experience must be equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower level to include the following: experience working with regulatory, personnel, funding, and budgeting proponents. Knowledge of management analysis, personnel development, and APF and NAF funding and oversight relationship to CYS programs.
2. Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
3. Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills. Ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
7. Travel to on and off post locations required.
8. Job requires working both in and out of doors.
9. All applicants must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (supplemental application form).
10 Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF employees and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills and abilities as described in your resume.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPRCIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.