Demonstrated civilian Human Resources (HR) Specialist experience providing the full range of management advisory services in two or more personnel specialty areas. This experience must have provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, including the experience utilizing a wide range of HR resources, principles, concepts, practices and methodology, resolving technical human resource problems, independently researching manuals, handbooks and directives, etc. The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level.
Preferred are those applicants who possess work experience managing and or directing the activities of a civilian personnel office, or work experience as an Human Resources Officer (HRO) providing and delivering a full-range of management advisory services. Comprehensive knowledge of Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Human Resources regulation.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. All applicants must complete a DA Form 3433-1 (supplemental application form).
7. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF employees and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills and abilities as described in your resume.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.