Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Bethesda, MD United StatesView Map
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
Multiple positions are available at the National Library of Medicine.
If you want to play an instrumental role in a dynamic organization and have experience providing customer service, library reference services, health information resources, or digital preservation, consider joining the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The National Library of Medicine is more than just a library! For more information about NLM, visit http://www.nlm.nih.gov/.
National Library of Medicine Building
Come work at the Reference and Web Services Section of the National Library of Medicine. We have multiple librarian positions in our Reference and Web Services Section in our Public Services Division. Staff hired in these positions will help provide access to consumer health information by supporting work on http://medlineplus.gov/ , MedlinePlus en español, MedlinePlus Mobile and MedlinePlus Connect. These duties include assisting in planning, designing, testing, implementing and evaluating the entire suite of MedlinePlus products.
Reference and Web Services (RWS) provides centralized reference and customer services to users of NLM's products, collections and databases worldwide. RWS manages a national information resource for the public, patients and families by providing electronic access to reliable health information issued by the National Institutes of Health and other resources.
You may apply for other positions through this same announcement:
- Our Preservation & Collection Management Section is searching for a Librarian with experience in library digitization or digital preservation programs.
- Our Rare Books and Early Manuscripts Section is searching for a Librarian with experience in cataloging rare books.
- Our MEDLARS Management Section is searching for a Librarian for their Terminology QA and User Support Unit.
These positions are located in the Division of Library Operations of the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- there is an education requirement - transcripts are needed