Job Title:Staff Assistant, GS-0303-08 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) BB
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Highway Administration
Job Announcement Number:FHWA.HOP-2013-0008
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, December 28, 2012 to
Friday, December 28, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FHWA.HOP-2013-0007.
Real solutions to meet genuine challenges. Innovative ideas to take on growing realities. That's the Federal Highway Administration - Leaders in Paving the Way on the Road to Success.
You will be Staff Assistant to the Director of the Office of Freight Management and Operations and provide administrative and secretarial support for the Office Director and the Office’s service-oriented Teams. As Staff Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Office Director in ensuring the work of the Office and Team is coordinated, deadlines are met, and the finished products reflect established standards and appropriate clearances. You will also work on a wide variety of special projects for the Office Director.
The ideal candidate for this position is experienced and has extensive knowledge and experience in procurement administration, records and information management, and other administrative functions (e.g. setting up meetings, arrange travel, distribute information, route actions, refer calls, etc.).
- You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Announcement also advertised merit promotion: FHWA.HOP-2013-0007
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience providing advisory services to staff members on administrative and procedural guidance, assisting with implementation of office policies, operations and practices; AND Experience utilizing automation systems (i.e. travel, correspondence, time and attendance systems) AND advanced functions of software packages to edit, reformat, and produce a wide variety of documents in various formats such as graphics and tables.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- Time-in-Grade - Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.