You qualify for the GS-05 level (starting salary $34,075) if you possess one of the following:
- You qualify for the GS-05 level (starting salary $34,075) if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-04 level performing duties such as: maintaining administrative files; responding to telephone and personal inquires; and preparing and typing various reports and routine correspondence as it relates to Human Resources. OR
- Four years above high school. OR
- A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and experience. This will be calculated using your résumé and unofficial transcripts or a list of courses/course hours submitted with your application.
You qualify for the GS-06 level (starting salary $37,983) if you possess one of the following:
- You qualify for the GS-06 level (starting salary $37,983) if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-05 level performing duties such as: inputting and retrieving data for personnel action processing; investigating processing issues; and producing reports and correspondence from automated databases as it relates to Human Resources.
Qualifications Must Be Met The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a full field investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, a score will automatically be calculated based on your answers to the vacancy specific questions to place you in one of three categories. All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated by your resume. Upon review, your resume and/or supporting documents need to support your answer choices, in order to be considered and deemed eligible. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of personnel policies, procedures, laws, and regulations to perform administrative support as it relates to HR (i.e., recruitment and staffing; classification and pay administration, employee benefits, employee relations, and performance management).
- Knowledge of personnel action processing.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management to complete assignments within specified deadlines.
- Skill in operating various office automation systems and a variety of software applications.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories: 1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria. 2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria. 3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities. If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles:
If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here
to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Best Qualified category for this position, as described above for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Veterans:
Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position is not considered scientific/professional. For information on veterans' preference, please click here. To preview questions please click here.