In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the applicant's ability to repair malfunctions of ordnance equipment and components. Ability to use sketches, electrical diagrams, technical specifications and engineering drawings. Experience which demonstrates skill in the use of test equipment to make electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic checks.
Experience or training in planning and layout of repair sequence and ability to complete modification, repair and installation of ordnance systems. Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions and determining remedy where complex relationships exist. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring equipment. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience in interpreting technical directions, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's specifications.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and appropriate training in functions of inspection, maintenance, installation, modification and repair of air munitions launch, release, suspension systems, R/F electronic countermeasures system and aircraft gun systems.
2. Comprehensive knowledge and skill in troubleshooting procedures, diagnosing problems and determining corrective action in the aircraft ordnance electronic systems.
3. Knowledge and skill to troubleshoot, repair, modify, or remove equipment and components such as gun systems, bomb racks, pylons, and the Ammunition Loading Systems (UALS/ALS).
4. Knowledge and ability to interpret and trace schematic, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE). Ability to perform algebraic and trigonometric formulas to solve work related problems.
5. Operational knowledge and skill in the operation, interrelationship and interdependent aspects of each ordnance system within the total complex aircraft electronic system(s) within fighter aircraft. Has extensive knowledge of each system's prerequisites, sequential events, and logic flow and signal input/output requirements for successful target acquisition, lock-on, launch and delivery of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons.
6. Knowledge of the principals of digital and analog circuits, synchro-electro-mechanical devices, solid-state devices theory, digital techniques /servo operation and circuit theory.
7. Comprehensive knowledge and skill to exercise judgment and to apply electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate, and repair malfunctions in individual subsystems of complex electronic systems.
8. Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and optical principals.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
· DMNA FORM 108 (http://www.dmna.state.ny.us./forms/dmna108.doc) Click this link for a copy of the form
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.