In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
EXPERIENCE: Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail
2. Customer Service Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In order to qualify for this position, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
· Extensive experience with concepts, principles, and practices of GIS Systems, vector and raster geospatial data, the appropriate uses and potential applications.
· Experience with relational database administration including performance monitoring, data replication, data updates, statistics generation, table space management and failure/recovery process.
· Experience with common (geospatial) image formats (e.g. TIFF, GeoTIFF, MrSID); implementing FGDC and ISP metadata standards and formats; imaging processing and data processing operations and workflows within a geospatial domain.
· Experience in implementation of GI&S technology at multiple locations, use of GPS equipment, geography and cartography, quality control/quality assurance.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Please DO NOT send copies of Transcripts.
The position can require occasional overnight travel away from the normal duty station.
This position may be required to file a Confidential Statement of Financial Affiliation.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your level of knowledge, skill, and ability, related to the job requirements.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified-Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Stay informed of changes to your application status by signing up for automatic email alerts at: https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/NotificationSettings.aspx.