You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
For the CU-13: One year of experience comparable to the CU/GS-12 level where the applicant has experience leading an exam team in a large, complex financial institution; managing a group of financial institutions; examining financial institutions for compliance with fair lending and fair housing laws; serving as a subject matter expert in examination, supervision, and operation of, and fair lending and consumer compliance at financial institutions; experience in assessing and providing guidance in the area of risk in financial institutions; and working with diverse groups or teams to develop sound, prudent recommendations on policy or procedures.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to conduct financial and statistical analysis, evaluate compliance with fair lending and consumer protection laws and applicable regulations, and apply risk management techniques related to financial institutions.
2. Ability to produce a written examination report in an understandable format.
3. Ability to communicate in writing to develop presentations, reports, etc.
4. Ability to communicate other than in writing to provide guidance in the area of consumer compliance in financial institutions, obtain requested information, and to persuade others to make changes.
5. Knowledge in the areas of lending programs, consumer compliance, examination, supervision, and operation of financial institutions, including laws, regulations, policies, and directives.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and manage work processes to initiate work and operate independently.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification.