At the GS-15 level, Qualified candidates must possess: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is experience performing grants administration duties under minimal administrative supervision, and with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, work of unusual difficulty and responsibility requiring extensive administrative experience which demonstrated leadership and marked attainments.
At the GS-14 level, Qualified candidates must possess: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is experience performing grants administration duties under administrative supervision and work of moderate levels of difficulty and responsibility.
Your application will be assessed based on the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Knowledge of federal laws and regulations, OMB Circulars, Executive Orders, policies, and operating practices as they relate to grants and cooperative agreements, and experience in applying that knowledge to the administration of grant programs.
- Knowledge of Federal contracting principles, processes, and the methods and the federal laws, regulations, OMB Circulars, Executive Orders, and policies that relate to federal contract management
- .Ability to manage/direct the work of others through the performance of a full range of managerial and supervisory functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the NEH's Merit Staffing Procedures. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of two pre-defined categories:
· Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
· Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Any exaggeration of an applicants experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating an applicant ineligible, not hiring the applicant, or for termination after he/she begins work. If a determination is made that in responding to the competency-based question an applicant has rated themselves higher than is evident in their resume, experience, and/or education, the applicants score may be manually adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.