You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level to qualify for this position.
You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level. Specialized experience is experience in planning and developing complex economic analytical studies associated with the regulation of the energy industry or other network industries (i.e. telecom, transportation, etc.).
You must also show successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to: A. Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus. OR B. Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. You MUST submit your transcripts along with your application in order to be considered for these positions. For more information on education requirements, please visit: Economist Requirements
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to: - Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment. - Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. - Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, responses to the questionnaire and required documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. If you meet basic qualification requirements, your application will be further evaluated based on your answers to the on-line assessment. Your responses to the on-line assessment will be used to measure the degree to which your background matches the requirements for the position. You are being evaluated under the category rating method which means, if you are determined to be qualified, you will be placed into the 'Best Qualified', 'Well Qualified', or 'Qualified' Category. We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be excluded from consideration for this job. We will evaluate your qualifications and eligibility and notify you if you meet minimum qualification requirements. NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The Occupational Questions are used to evaluate your relevant educational and work experience. The questions are related to competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities such as:
1. Skill in solving practical problems by choosing appropriately from a variety of mathematical and statistical techniques.
2. Knowledge of economics and energy markets.
3. Skill in encouraging and facilitating cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; skill in fostering commitment and team spirit; ability to work with others to achieve goals.
4. Skill in recognizing or using correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; ability to produce written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
5. Ability to express information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); skill in making clear and convincing oral presentations; skill in listening to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. To preview questions please click here.