You must meet the qualifications requirements of this position no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement. You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify at the CU-13 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience at the CU/GS-12 level. Qualifying specialized experience is experience conducting financial institutions examinations and making recommendations to resolve issues noted during the examination review and analysis process; AND, experience working in the areas of investment portfolios and asset/liability management (ALM).
For the CU-14 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience comparable to the CU/GS-13 level. Qualifying specialized experience is experience reviewing and making recommendations in the areas of investment portfolios and ALM management, which included investment appropriateness, balance sheet structure, loan/share pricing, and ALM model assumptions/output; experience developing and teaching investment and ALM curriculm at a regional and national level; AND, experience examining financial institutions with diversified balance sheets and assets of at least $500 million.
You cannot qualify for this position based on education. You must have at least one year of specialized experience as described under the "Qualifications" section.
You must meet the qualifications requirements of this position no later than the closing date of this vacancy announcement. You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level within the federal service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the Federal Credit Union Act, federal, state and local laws, credit union regulations, policies and directives which govern the operation of federal and federally -insured credit unions in order to evaluate investments and asset liability practices and procedures for credit unions to determine safety, soundness, suitability and legality.
2. Knowledge of various asset liability management simulations models and techniques, cash management practices, yield spread analysis, and short and long-term investment markets.
3. Ability to use and evaluate the results of the Bloomberg analytics system, other related highly technical evaluation methodology and information obtained from national recognized information providers.
4. Ability to communicate in writing facts, ideas, or conterns in a clear and convinicng manner, tailored to the audience and nature of the information.
5. Ability to explain facts, ideas, problems, or concerns in a clear and convincing manner.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification.