Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to team-based leadership and an understanding of budgetary, administrative, and management principles, practices, methods, and techniques as well as skills in integrating administrative services with the general management of an organization. Applicants must have had progressively responsible professional work experience in those administrative and management services essential to the direction and operation of an organization similar to the Board. Applicants must also possess the following qualifications that are critical to the performance in this position.
1. Knowledge of administrative principles, procedures, and practices, including budget execution and financial management as well as personnel, procurement, travel and building management, necessary to support the Boards operations. Demonstrated skill in budget formulation and execution is essential.
2. Commitment to the team-building process, the ability to lead a high performing team, and a commitment to an ongoing program of personal and professional development. Must be able to create and maintain an atmosphere that supports and nurtures team development.
3. Ability to review, understand and apply U.S. Government administrative rules, regulations, and procedures.
4. Knowledge of computer technology sufficient to select and efficiently use standard applications such as databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation packages. Knowledge of telecommunications technology sufficient to select, maintain and use state-of-the-art systems including web-based VOIP phone management systems and videoconferencing.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing; ability to communicate orally and deal effectively with individuals of the public and private sectors.
6. Ability to acquire knowledge of the Board's technical activities, to form effective working relationships with Board members and technical staff, and to assist the Executive Director in overall office management and the execution of Board policy.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Boards staff will initially evaluate candidates based on the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above, as demonstrated by the applicants resume, most recent performance appraisal, and any supplemental statements addressing the qualifications. Other information may be considered as the selection process evolves. A short list of final candidates will be interviewed by the Chairman, other Board members, the Executive Director, and pertinent Board staff. The Chairman, in consultation with the Executive Director and other Board members, will make the final selection.