Recent Graduates Program Eligibility:
Have completed a qualifying master's or doctorate degree from a qualifying educational institution within the preceding 2 years. Note: Preference eligible veterans precluded from applying due to a military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years from the date on which they completed their degrees; and applicants who completed their educational program requirements after December 27, 2010 will have a full two years of eligibility beginning July 10, 2012. (College transcript(s) must be provided. Failure to provide will result in an ineligible rating.). If selected you will be required to provide an official college transcript prior to entrance on duty.
Applicants may refer to the U.S. Department of Educations Institutional Accreditation System to determine whether their school/program is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: In addition to meeting the Program Eligibility Requirement candidates must also meet the minimum qualification requirements for Program Analyst, GS-343:
For the GS-9 Grade Level:
A. Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service, assisting in the analysis and evaluation of health care or human services operations to determine the efficiency and effectiveness; assisting in identifying and analyzing issues in health care or human services practices, methods, and processes; and preparing administrative reports for review at all levels.
B. Have a master's or equivalent graduate degree in any field of study from a qualifying institution or a LL.B. or J.D., if related.
For the GS-11 Grade Level:
A. Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, conducting studies of organizational efficiency and productivity and recommending changes or improvements in organization, staffing, work methods, and procedures; analyzing new or proposed legislation or regulations to determine impact on program operations and management; and developing management and/or program evaluation plans, procedures, and methodology.
B. Have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in science or technology from a qualifying institution directly related to the position to be filled.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year trial period required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be authorized: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Student Loan Repayment Incentive may be authorized: No
12. Domestic travel required - up to five days periodically for training classes or programs.
13. Adhere to the Recent Graduate Program requirements.
14. Adhere to an established work schedule.
15. Attend regularly scheduled meetings with mentor.
12. Annual Leave for Non Federal Service may be authorized: No
13. Selectee will be required to provide an official college transcript prior to entrance on duty.
14. Eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will decide to opt for conversion.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Attention to Detail
4. Problem Solving
5. Oral Communication
6. Planning and Evaluating
7. Customer Service