Department: Department of Defense
Agency: Department of Defense Education Activity
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Fort Bragg, NC United StatesView Map
Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? Our mission is to provide an exemplary education that inspires and prepares all students for success in a dynamic, global environment. Come work for the Department of Defense Education Activity, Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools at Fort Bragg, North Carolina!
The Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools (DDESS) is currently accepting applications under examining authority of 10 U.S.C., Section 2164. This vacancy announcement may be used for the purpose of filling multiple positions throughout the remainder of the school year. This position is a School Secretary with the Department of Defense Domestic and Dependent Elementary School (DDESS), North Carolina School District, Fort Bragg. The School Secretary serves as secretary and principal clerk of the office fora aprincipal, assistant principal or both, of a DoDEA school.
This position can be filled at the GS-05 grade level, GS-06 grade level, or it can be filled as a developmental position and may have promotion potential to the GS-06 grade level.
Typing Proficiency Requirements: In addition to meeting the experience and/or education requirements, applicants must include a certificate of proficiency or self-certify that they can type at least 40 words per minute. Your resume must support your self-certification of your typing ability. Otherwise you may not meet the minimum qualifications requirements for this position.
Who may be considered:
· Current, Permanent Federal Civil Service Employees (in the Fort Bragg commuting area)
· Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility (in the Fort Bragg commuting area)
· NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement eligibles (in the Fort Bragg commuting area)
· Family member employees eligible under Executive Order 12721 (in the Fort Bragg commuting area)
You must answer ALL Suitability Questions in the Vacancy Questionnaire, numbers 3-8 with a yes or no. Failure to answer ALL Suitability Questions will result in your application being considered incomplete and your application will not receive consideration for the vacancy.
This is an Excepted Service Position.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- You must meet the Selective Service requirement
- You must submit your complete application and all supporting documents
- You must complete the questionnaire and/or knowledge, skills &
- abilities/competency statement
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination