To qualify for this position, applicants must meet the specialized experience as described below:
GS-9: One year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-7 grade level which involves experience reviewing material for clarity and consistency with an organization's policies and style requirements, and providing assistance in the development of communications materials.
- OR - Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS 09 level by possessing a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
- OR - Combination of Experience and Education: You may combine education and specialized experience as identified above.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-9 grade level which involves experience providing assistance editing and preparing materials for publication, providing assistance in the development of communications materials, and assisting in the research and analysis of topics for publication.
- OR - Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS 11 level by possessing 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or LL.M., if related to the position being filled
- OR - Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-9 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grades GS-11. Therefore, only education in excess of a master's or equivalent graduate degree; 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, may be used to combine education and experience.
Possess the general experience demonstrating three years of progressively responsible experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4, that demonstrates the ability to:
- Analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions;
- Plan and organize work; and
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
**TRANSCRIPTS are required to verify satisfactory completion of the educational requirement related to substitution of education for experience and combination of education and experience. Please see "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS" section below on what documentation is required.**
You must provide your transcripts to support your educational claims. Transcripts may be unofficial copies, but they must come from an accredited college or university, and they also must include the courses' names and number of credit hours. To search the database of accredited institutions visit: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at U.S. accredited college or university. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
ALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE DATE THE REFERRAL LIST IS ISSUED.
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as Time-in-Grade, minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the close date of this announcement.
Time-in-Grade: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time-in-Grade Requirement, which is 52 weeks of Federal Service at the next lower grade: GS-07 for GS-9; GS-09 for GS-11.
Three writing samples should be submitted with your resume; while it will not be used as a rating assessment, it will be subject to review to ascertain if candidates have the ability to write clearly and concisely by applying the rules of grammar, composition, sentence structure, and punctuation. Candidates will not be eliminated from consideration simply based on writing sample submission.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting minimum qualifications will further be evaluated on information provided in the Questionnaire. The questionnaire collects information on your education, training, and experience related to the following competencies: Writing, Attention to Detail, and Message Development and Delivery.
If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link View Assessment Questions
If you are found well-qualified for this vacancy, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Well-qualified means, you must meet all the minimum qualification standards and be assessed and assigned a rating of at least Well-Qualified to receive special selection priority. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority.