Applicants must be a US Citizen
This position is for students that will graduate before September 30, 2013. They also must meet the following requirements:
1. Enrolled in a CAHME-, CEPH-, AACSB-, ACBSP-, or NASPAA- accredited MHA, MHSA, MPH, MBA, MPA, MSPA or other Health Care Management / Administration Degree program.
2. Prior to a fellowship appointment, incumbents will be required to complete 40 hours of volunteer work at any VA healthcare facility before graduation.
3. Applicants must provide a copy of their resume, two letters of recommendation (one from the applicant's program director/department chair), and a copy of their unofficial graduate transcript.
You will be rated on the following competencies as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. Narrative responses are not required at this time.
1. Knowledge of basic health care management principles, practices, and techniques
2. Strong communication skills, both written and oral
3. Ability to use methods for conducting studies and gathering qualitative and quantitative data
4. Ability to manage projects/programs achieving milestones and meeting deadlines
5. Systems-thinking ability
6. Involvement in professional associations/community involvement
7. GPA greater than 3.5 on a 4.0 scale preferred
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledges, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position is generally sedentary. However, walking, standing, and bending may be required,
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/alph-ndx.asp.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements: (http://www.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/applicantchecklist.doc)
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, Veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non-service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as well as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference" and required documentation with your application materials.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
After the vacancy announcement closes, those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements for the position are referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.