Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Natural Resources Conservation Service
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Be Remarkable, Make a Difference! Join the Natural Resources Conservation Service team and help us conserve our nation's Natural Resources!! Visit our web site (http://www.nrcs.usda.gov) to learn more.
Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is known worldwide for its accomplishments and innovations in conservation. The employees of NRCS are recognized for their talent, dedication, and ingenuity in making the agencys programs work as they take necessary steps to reduce erosion, protect wildlife, promote good land use, and other measures to preserve the Nations natural resources for future generations. Join us in protecting and conserving natural resources on Americas private land. Visit our website at http://nrcs.usda.gov/ to learn more and see why this is such a great place to work.
Montana NRCS expects to fill approximately 12 student intern position (Soil Conservationist Trainee). We expect to fill positions at the following locations; however, additional locations may be added: Baker, Big Timber, Billings, Broadus, Chester, Forsyth, Hamilton, Jordan, Pablo, Plains, Ronan, and Shelby. Applicants are encouraged to apply for all locations. These positions are expected to begin summer 2013. Note: The close date of this postion has been extended to March 15, 2013.
These are Excepted Service Appointments. The purpose of the Pathways Intern Employment Program is to provide the intern with exposure to public service, enhance educational experience and provide financial support to encourage and support educational goals. The program is formally structured to give interns the opportunity to work in positions related to their academic/career goals. Participants will complete assigned duties, tasks, readings, and developmental activities specified in the program. A written agreement is required between NRCS Montana and the intern. Within 120 calendar days after completing educational requirements and Pathways Program specifics, NRCS may non-competitively promote and convert an intern to a career/career-conditional or Term appointment. Conversion is not guaranteed and is based on the need of the agency.
Pathways Program requirements for an internship with Montana NRCS:
1. Be a United States Citizen or National
2. Be at least 16 years old (by closing date of this vacancy announcement)
3. Have at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA; 3.0 or higher is preferred.
4. Must be enrolled in an accredited high school, college or university on at least a half-time basis as defined by the school.
5. Must be pursuing a degree in one of the academic majors or related fields listed below.
6. For college or university applicants must not be expected to graduate college prior to the fall of 2014.
7. Must be available to work at least 2 summers and complete a minimum of 640 hours of work experience prior to graduation.
8. Must be mobile to all locations throughout Montana upon initial placement and subsequent summers as well as upon graduation. High school students are placed at the nearest field office to their home.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal Employment, determined by Background Investigation
- Must sign a Pathways Student Agreement
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered with Selective Service
- Must have a valid Motor Vehicle Operators License