Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking a Heavy Duty Laborer looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise in performing tasks related to the operation and maintenance of facilities associated with the Flaming Gorge Field Division. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a team and grow in a hydro power environment. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: UPPER COLORADO REGION, POWER OFFICE, FLAMING GORGE FIELD DIVISION, FLAMING GORGE OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE GROUP; DUTCH JOHN, UTAH.
For living conditions in Dutch John, UT go to: http://www.daggettcounty.org/index.aspx?nid=57
Travel, Transportation and Relocation Expenses will NOT be paid by our agency. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty to this position will be the responsibility of the individual selected.
* Additional positions may be filled as needs of agency warrant.
- Perform a variety of industrial facility and equipment maintenance duties associated with dams, hydroelectric power plants, and related facilities.
- Perform facility and equipment maintenance duties such as replacing guard rails; painting buildings, structures, gates, equipment and other related items; and changing light bulbs and door knobs.
- Perform lawn and grounds maintenance, including snow removal, maintaining sprinkler systems, pruning and mowing.
- Operate and use a variety of light equipment and tools such as lawn mowers, fork lifts, motorized man-lifts, chain lifts, and hoists, and light trucks, drills, saws, etc.
- Assist in a variety of trades such as masonry, concrete, carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, and mechanical.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Exerts moderately heavy physical effort which involves lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds. Climbing ladders and stairs, walking, standing, kneeling, crawling, or bending for long periods of time may be required in performing maintenance duties. May also involve working from suspended scaffolding and motorized man-lifts at substantial heights, and working in closed, restricted quarters and confined spaces.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Majority of work is accomplished in and around dams, power plants, and related facilities with exposure to high levels of noise, moving parts, and the usual hazards associated with heavy machinery. Work is also performed outside under prevailing weather and terrain conditions.