NOTE: Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required as described in the duties listed above. You will also be evaluated to the extent you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with the position. Therefore, please ensure your application package addresses the assessment questionnaire
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
CITIZENSHIP: Must be a citizen of the United States.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: Pharmacists must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d).
(1) Graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university. The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Verification of approved degree programs may be obtained from the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education, 311 West Superior Street, Suite 512, Chicago, Illinois 60610-3537 Phone: (312) 664-3575), or through their Web site at: http://www.acpe-accredit.org/.
Full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. The pharmacist must maintain current registration if this is a requirement for maintaining full, current, and unrestricted licensure. A pharmacist who has, or has ever had, any license(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions in chapter 3, section B, paragraph 16 of this part.
GS-13 LEVEL Requirements: Must possess the GS-12 requirements as well; and must have 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-12 (see below).
GS-13 LEVEL: Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) Pharmacist assigned to this GS-13 position must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to persuade and influence clinical and management decisions;
2. Expert understanding of regulatory and quality standards for their program area;
3. Ability to solve problems, coordinate and organize responsibilities to maximize outcomes in their program area or area of clinical expertise;
4. Expert knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy; and
5. Advanced skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
GS-12 LEVEL Requirements: In addition to the basic requirements, candidates must meet one of the following:
1. 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), or
2. Completion of an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D.program.
GS-12 LEVEL: Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): Pharmacists at the GS-12 must demonstrate the following KSAs:
5. Knowledge of professional pharmacy practice;
6. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to both patients and health care staff;
7. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security, and;
8. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
If you are qualifying based on education, you must provide a copy of your transcripts. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Transcripts must be received in this office by 11:59PM EST on the closing date in order to be considered. If you are selected an official transcript must be provided prior to entry on duty.
If Combination is used for qualification
Combining Education and Experience: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements. It will be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
FOREIGN EDUCATION: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, you must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans must claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s), Member Copy 4, if available, showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability and a completed SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veteran Preference".
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, nonservice-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, must refer to and submit a completed SF 15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and required documentation with your application materials.
For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors, omissions, or failure to submit all required documents will affect your eligibility or consideration for this position.