Job Title:Health Scientist Administrator
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Job Announcement Number:HHS-AHRQ-DE-13-800296
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Saturday, December 29, 2012 to
Monday, January 07, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|2 vacancies in the following location:|
Rockville, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Center for Primary Care, Prevention, and Clinical Partnerships (CP3), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-AHRQ-MP-13-800052 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Background investigation required.
DUTIES:Back to top
- Provides senior leadership in the fields of (1) application of health IT to improve quality for under-served populations including rural communities and socioeconomically disadvantaged communities and (2) development to health IT research findings into tools and resources to improve quality for use by public and private sector stakeholders, and (3) utilization of health IT to support new care delivery models.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the above fields and provides advice to the portfolio lead, Center Director, and Agency leaders on policy and programmatic decisions in these areas.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates programs and initiatives in the assigned specialty area of research.
- Reviews data and progress reports, and implements corrective actions needed to achieve adequate research progress.
- Leads the development of Program Announcements, Requests for applications, and Requests for Proposals in support of the Portfolio mission.
- Takes administration measures to achieve program goals through contacts with researchers and in administration of grants and contracts, and communicates program goals in response to inquires.
- Contributes to the development of the portfolio strategic plan and measurement and program evaluation strategy.
- Coordinates with investigators, institutions, organizations and other government agencies engaged in assigned research activities and related fields and provides assistance to prospective grantees on various grant mechanisms and grant review processes.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Qualification Requirement:
Have at least a bachelor's degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
Additional Qualification Requirement: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirement candidates must also:
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service formulating and implementing extramural research agendas and research activities in improving patient outcomes and patient centered care; coordinating and providing scientific and programmatic guidance for extramural research activities in the areas of evidence-based practice, systematic review, and patient outcomes and clinical effectiveness research; and providing technical and methodological review and guidance in analyzing, interpreting, and disseminating complex clinical and scientific studies and related research policy issues.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be authorized.
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives will not be authorized.
11. Student loan repayment incentive will not be authorized.
12. Annual leave for non-federal service will not be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and concepts of health IT to improve health care quality.
- Knowledge of implementation science and health IT based interventions to improve the quality of health care.
- Knowledge of health IT research methodologies.
- Skill at cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skill in oral communication
- Skill in written communication