Job Title:STUDENT TRAINEE (Program Assistant)-Intern GS-7 NTE 6 MONTHS
Agency:National Science Foundation
Job Announcement Number:CHE-2013-0001
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$42,209.00 to $54,875.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, December 13, 2012 to Friday, July 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-time, Part-time. - This is an Internship position under the Pathways Program NTE 6 Months.|
|FEW vacancies -
Arlington, VA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to any U.S. Citizen, at least 16 years old, who is a student. Must be enrolled for the upcoming semester in a degree or certificate-seeking program taking at least a half-time course load. Must have at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Students are employed throughout the academic year.
Ever wonder who discovers a black hole? Who tracks monarch butterfly flight patterns or hosts a conference for robots? Believe it or not, the National Science Foundation helps to make all of these things possible! In addition to funding research in traditional academic areas, the agency supports innovative ideas, novel collaborations and numerous projects that may seem like science fiction today, but become the reality of tomorrow.
Our flexible work opportunities for students allow you to gather real professional experience and meaningful contacts as you begin your career. You will have the opportunity to see how both the federal government and our agency operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! More about NSF. Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled using hiring authorities under the Pathways Programs.
This position is located in the Directorate for Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Division of Chemistry of the National Science Foundation to promote the health of academic chemistry and to enable basic research and education in the chemical sciences. The Division supports research in all traditional areas of chemistry and in multidisciplinary fields that draw upon the chemical sciences. Projects that help build infrastructure and partnerships that advance the chemical sciences are also supported.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Programs. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
- This vacancy will be used to select students for a position in the Division of Chemistry.
- When a hiring manager requests an intern, qualified candidates will be forwarded for consideration.
- The hiring manager will contact directly candidates who have been selected for an interview.
- If you are not selected for this position your application becomes inactive.
- To be considered for other Internship positions at NSF, candidates must reapply each time a new announcement is posted.
- Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Students can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
- Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load
- You must type 40 words per minute with no more than 3 errors
- Background investigation
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations--see tab above