Job Title: Electronics Engineer, GS-0855-14/15 (Open to all U.S. citizens) DBJob Announcement Number: RITA.RDT-2013-0001
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Research and Innovative Technology Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, December 13, 2012 to
Monday, December 24, 2012
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: RITA.RDT-2013-0002.
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation's transportation system.
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research and education programs, and is working to bring advance technologies into the transportation system. RITA also offers vital transportation statistics and analysis, and support national efforts to improve education and training in transportation-related fields.
The ideal candidate for this position is recognized as an authoritative source internally and by other agencies on the concepts, principles, and practices of electronics engineering which include the state-of-the-art as it relates to PNT and spectrum requirements, technologies and management. The candidate possesses experience as a technical leader, demonstrating the ability to lead and motivate other team members inside and outside the immediate organization in executing technical projects.
Please Note: This position requires that you maintain an active security clearance at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: RITA.RDT-2013-0002
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must (1) meet the Education Requirement for the series, (2) provide a copy of transcripts for verification, AND (3) meet the education and experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience performing radio frequency spectrum management and analysis functions in transportation related fields.
- Experience providing authoritative advice specifically on issues of harmful radio frequency interference and operational degradation and performing radio frequency spectrum management and analysis functions in transportation related fields.
MANDATORY EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet one of the following requirements to qualify for consideration for an engineering position:
- Successful completion of a professional engineering degree at an accredited university or college
- Have a combination of college level education or training AND technical experience that has furnished you with (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
- Professional registration as a engineer
- Evidence of Passing the Engineer-in-Training Written Test
- Successful documented completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences as described by OPM.
- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field and at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance
Please review the OPM page on specifics about required curriculum and for more information on qualifications, please visit GS-800: All Professional Engineering Positions qualifications.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- TRANSCRIPTS - Verifying that you meet the stated education requirements for the series OR an SF-50 showing that you have already qualified and worked in the federal service in this series. The transcripts need not be official. If you are qualifying based on possessing a current Professional Engineer (PE) license, or passing the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam, please provide a copy of PE license or written documented proof of passing the EIT.
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status into by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.