Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Wednesday, January 02, 2013.
Basic Educational Requirement:
UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE EDUCATION: that included at least 24 semester hours in marketing, economics, business administration, agriculture, accounting, engineering, commerce, transportation, or related courses; OR
Completion of one full academic year of graduate education from an accredited college or university with a major in field of study as listed above may be substituted for specialized experience; OR
You may start at the GS-7 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree in any field of study that included 24 semester hours in marketing, economics, business administration, agriculture, accounting, engineering, commerce, transportation, or other related courses; from an accredited college or university with either: 1) a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale; 2) a 3.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale for required courses completed in a major field of study during the last two years of undergraduate study; 3) class standing of upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision of the college; 4) membership in a National Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College Honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies; OR
- Successfully completed one year of graduate level education OR possess a master's degree or higher graduate degree from an accredited college or university that included 24 semester hours in marketing, economics, business administration, agriculture, accounting, engineering, commerce, transportation, or related courses; OR
- One or more years of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service) applying a comprehensive knowledge of production, marketing, or storage of agricultural commodities to perform segments of the warehouse examination. This experience also demonstrates an understanding of commodity warehouse operations. Experience may have been gained in such work as: Manager or supervisory official of a storage facility for agricultural commodities which includes responsibility for the receipt, care, and delivery of agricultural commodities and the issuance of warehouse receipts; Federal or State warehouse examiner responsible for examining storage facilities for agricultural commodities; Auditor, accountant, or bookkeeper employed in a storage facility for agricultural commodities; Agricultural employee involved in commodity loan inspections, farm storage facility inspections, and the inspection and verification of warehouse records; Work as a licensee under the U.S. Grain Standards Act, in the inspection of grain for condition and grade in accordance with official standards of the U.S. Department of Agriculture; OR
- A combination of graduate level education and specialized experience to qualify me for this position.
- DRIVERS LICENSE: Applicants are required to have, or must obtain before appointment, an automobile driver's license currently valid in the State in which they are domiciled or principally employed.
- MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS: Before appointment a medical examination will be made by a licensed physician. Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position for which application is made. Good distant vision in one eye and ability to read without strain printed material the size of typewritten characters are required, corrective lenses permitted. Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, is required. Any condition that would cause the applicant to be a hazard to himself/herself or to others will disqualify for appointment. Applicants must possess emotional and mental stability.
College Transcript : Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: If selected for this position, you will be required to submit an Annual Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.