Job Title:Program Support Specialist (Records) - DEU
Agency:Federal Trade Commission
Job Announcement Number:BCP-PI-2013-0009
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, December 13, 2012 to
Thursday, January 03, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Competitive service -
This is a permanent appointment.|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
District Of Columbia County, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All Qualified Candidates|
OUR MISSION: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforces a variety of federal antitrust and consumer protection laws. The Commission seeks to ensure that the nation's markets function competitively and are vigorous, efficient, and free of undue restrictions. The Commission also works to enhance the smooth operation of the marketplace by eliminating acts or practices that are unfair or deceptive. Finally, the Commission undertakes economic analysis to support its law enforcement efforts and to contribute to the policy deliberations of the Congress, the Executive Branch, other independent agencies, and state and local governments when requested.
This position is located in the Bureau of Consumer Protection (BCP), Division of Planning and Information. Incumbent serves as a primary BCP contact person for the BCP Records Room. In that capacity, the incumbent is responsible for the proper maintenance of BCP records in the Matter Management System (MMS2). Incumbent is responsible for providing technical support and training to the Bureau and its Divisions and the seven (7) Regional Offices as it pertains to this system within the Consumer Protection Mission. The incumbent also will provide support in the following general areas: (1) maintaining existing procedures for reporting information to the MMS2 for the Bureau, and recommending new procedures, as appropriate; (2) performing research for staff responding to FOIA, Congressional, GAO, Commissioners', and other requests for information concerning the FTC's current or historical activities; (3) providing procedural support directly related to Bureau activities; and (4) providing assistance with compiling the Bureau's annual list of accomplishments.
If you would like to be considered under Merit Promotion procedures, please apply to vacancy announcement #BCP-PI-2013-0008
- This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- Relocation cost will not be paid.
- This position requires U.S. citizenship.
DUTIES:Back to top
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Process, review, and enter information about investigations, litigations, projects, rules, guides, and sweeps. In addition, the records group is also responsible for quality control of information entered into MMS2 for BCP matters.
- Serves as a Bureau primary contact person for the MMS2. MMS2 is the Commission-wide system used to record the progress of agency matters from inception to completion, and to retrieve information concerning cases/projects and matters. The incumbent responds to staff questions regarding the system and provides training as appropriate. The incumbent assists in articulating the needs and concerns of the Bureau in the ongoing development and operation of the system. Provides guidance and instructions to Bureau and regional systems users on the proper preparation of materials to obtain timely and accurate information from the system.
- Reviews submissions for Commission decision and coordinates with the staff to ensure that the documents comply with the agency's policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the Bureau’s historical files.
- Provides assistance with compiling the Bureau’s annual list of accomplishments. This involves continuous tracking of matter, by category and date, and presentation of those matters in a spreadsheet for use by the entire Bureau, particularly management.
- Maintains the Bureau's log of CIDs requested and omnibus resolutions issued. CIDs and requests to tape telephone calls are processed by the Records Office staff.
- Generates reports from the MMS2, Business Objects, and other Commission computer systems containing information that is responsive to internal (FTC) or external (e.g., FOIA, Congressional, GAO) requests for mission-wide activities.
- Responds to a full range of inquiries, including answering substantive questions related specifically to any of the large number of programs under the Bureau's control and generally to the programs agency-wide and responds to requests tactfully, exercising discretion.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Specialized Experience at the GS-9: applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service which has provided them with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position or master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree of LL.B. or J.D., if related. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate knowledge of legal and investigative principles and concepts, and the ability to apply this knowledge in interpretation and application of the relevant laws and regulations.
All applications must be received on-line via www.usajobs.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For information on how FTC determines the best qualified candidates click here.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Individuals applying for this announcement are required to complete and submit an online application through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) application system, USAJOBS. The information you provide in USAJOBS is general information completed by all candidates. That information and your resume will become part of your application and will automatically be transferred to FT-SEE when you apply online. The submission of anything other than the below online application will result in you not being considered for this job.
If applying online poses a hardship to any applicant, please contact us. Applicants must contact us at 202-326-2021 prior to the closing date to speak to someone who can provide assistance for online submission. Requests for extensions will not be granted.
There are several parts of the application process that will affect your overall evaluation:
1. Your online resume (See Step 1 below).
2. Your responses to the eligibility questions.
3. Your responses to the vacancy specific self-assessment questions.
4. Submission of supporting documentation (See instructions under the "Required Documentation" section of this posting.
You have until 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date of this announcement to complete the following four-step application process:
STEP 1: To apply, you must first register on USAJOBS at www.usajobs.opm.gov and have at least one resume associated with your account. Your online resume must be built using the USAJOBS resume builder or you can upload an existing resume from your computer. You must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Once you have completed the registration process, thoroughly review this vacancy announcement and then select the "Apply Online" button and follow the instructions provided.
STEP 2: After selecting a resume to submit with your application package, you will be taken to FT-SEE to answer questions related to your experience and vacancy specific questions. The answers to the questions are necessary to evaluate your qualifications for the specific job to which you are applying. When completed, the information you provided through USAJOBS and the answers to the FT-SEE questions will become your application.
STEP 3: Review your resume to make certain that it supports your responses to the questions. Once you submit your online application, you will see a screen telling you that your application has been successfully transmitted. If you do not receive this confirmation, you have not successfully completed your application.
STEP 4: Submit Supporting Documentation, as necessary.
NOTE: Paper applications and information sent by mail WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To help you ensure your application fully outlines your qualifications and eligibility for this position, please submit the following documentation as appropriate. Some of the items listed may not apply to you.
APPLICATION PACKAGE CHECKLIST
__ Announcement number, title, and grade(s) of the position
__ Full name, mailing address (including zip code) and day and evening phone numbers (with area code)
__ Statement that you are a U.S. citizen
__ Current Federal employees serving on a competitive career or career conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible must submit a copy of their most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50).
__Copy of DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) (only if claiming veteran's preference)
__SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference) plus the support documentation required by this form (if claiming 10-point veteran's preference)
__ Paid and non-paid work experience related to the position. For each period of Work experience include:
___Series/grade (if Federal employment)
___Duties and accomplishments
___Employer's name and address
___Supervisor's name and contact information
___Starting and ending dates of employment (month/day/year)
___Number of hours worked per week
___Indicate if we may contact current supervisor/employer
___Other job related information, such as training courses (title & year); skills (e.g., other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, etc.)
___Honors, awards, and special accomplishments
___A Legible copy of college transcripts (if qualifying all or in part on the basis of Education for this position)
___Support documentation for eligibility for special hiring authorities, such as disability, Peace Corps service, etc.