Job Title: Administrative Officer-NICHD-MPJob Announcement Number: NIH-NICHD-MP-13-803806
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: National Institutes of Health
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, December 21, 2012 to
Thursday, December 27, 2012
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Agency Employees Only
1 vacancy in the following location:
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
current permanent Title 5 NICHD employees and Individuals Eligible under CTAP Only
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healty nation. For information on the NIH mission, goal, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
We are seeking a Senior Administrative Officer to lead a team of already exceptional team members to provide administrative support in the areas of finance and budget, personnel management, procurement, information resource management, contracts management, space and facilities management and travel management.
This position is located in the Administrative Management Branch (AMB), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- (enter job specific requirements-i.e., drug testing, PhD, etc.)
DUTIES:Back to top
In this position, you will work directly for the Deputy Branch Chief of the Administrative Management Branch (AMB) serving as a Senior Administrative Officer (AO) providing comprehensive management of administrative services including all or several of the following functions:
- Serving as the principal advisor on a wide range of administrative management areas to include finance and budget, personnel management, procurement, information resource management, contracts management, space and facilities management.
- Planning, developing, formulating, preparing, executing, monitoring, and/or forecasting organization budgets.
- Coordinating with human resources, providing HR management advisory services on human resource activities and functions. Assist managers and staff in projecting staffing needs, including staffing levels and grades.
- Evaluating requests for supplies and services; initiate and process required paperwork.
- Manages the budget after approval. Make recommendations on obligations for salaries, travel, equipment, and supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for the GS-13, you must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: performing a wide range of budgetary duties in the planning, development, formulation, preparation, executing and monitoring of new budgets involving annual and multi-year budget estimates with many different sources and types of funding; identifying, analyzing, and resolving a range of budgetary problems, such as the development of alternative methods of funding or the formulation of budget estimates for programs in which objectives and funding requirements have changes where substantial re-budgeting is required; analyzing and evaluating continual changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones and making recommendations; managing and monitoring the budget, design, and contractor performance for renovations of office space; performing a full range of contract administration duties including planning and managing contract and equipment leases; serving as approving official for requisitions of equipment, supplies, and other materials and services; providing advice in a variety of human resources areas such as staffing and recruitment, employee development and training, and conflict resolution; developing standards/policies/procedures involving administrative functions in an organization.View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: