Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Immediate Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
The Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) for Service Delivery and Engineering (SDE) is a full time position that reports to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary. This position is located in Washington, DC. The DCIO, SDE provides management and leadership for Information Technology (IT) service delivery across the Department. The DCIO for SDE accomplishes directing the organization of approximately 5,700 staff through three Senior Executive Service and three General Schedule (GS) 15 direct reports.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 2 position and the salary range is $119,554 - $173,600. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances.
A recruitment/relocation incentive and/or Guaranteed Home Buyout may be authorized.
- US Citizenship is required
- Successful completion of background investigation & possible drug screening
- This is a positon of Special Trust, Top Secret equivalent
- Pubic Financial Disclosure Report is required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- One year probationary period for initial SES appointment