Basic Qualifications: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-12, which is directly related to this line of work and must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail Meticulous; thoroughly reviews and proofreads various IT related data/information; dedicates focus to accomplish tasks that are complete, precise and accurate to a given IT situation.
2. Customer Service Works with clients and customer (that is, any individual who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
The above 4 competencies are required by OPM.
Specialized Experience is defined as having mastery of knowledge of information and network systems processes, policies and standards. MUST have certification in Windows Servers Network, Virtualization infrastructure and demonstrated experience with Anti-Censorship tools and demonstrated technical expertise to manage and implement the Windows 2008 servers in a virtual environment. Knowledge of digital broadcasting equipment and how they integrate with the network is desirable. Examples of such experience includes experience installing, configuring and maintaining network operating systems such as Windows 2003/2008/2011, XP, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OSX; configuration experience with CISCO/Enterasys switches and routes; known ability to train others in the operation and maintenance of servers in a VMware vSphere Infrastructure; shown experience designing complete computer aided design (CAD) network diagrams; updating current version and releases of mission critical software; shown ability to troubleshoot problems and come up with solutions in a timely manner; setting priority to trouble calls; demonstrated judgment concerning IT security/privacy issues and working knowledge of the Federal Information security Management Act (FISMA).
Suitability Determination: If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies.
- Information and Network Systems
- Systems Security (Standards, Policies and Guidelines)
- Oral and written communications
To assist in determining if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Providing false information may be grounds for not selecting you or termination after appointment. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Competitive Examining Procedures:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be reviewed and compared to your responses on the occupational questionnaire or KSAs (as applicable) to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, your qualifications will be further reviewed by a Human Resources Specialist, to assess the quality, depth, and complexity of your accomplishments, experience, and education as they relate to the critical experience requirements listed in this vacancy announcement. You will then be placed in one of three rating categories:
- Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
- Well Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
- Best Qualified Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated "outstanding" proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: "Application of Veterans' Preference: the Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who do not have a service-connected disability of 10 percent or more will be assigned to the appropriate quality category based upon the job-related assessment and will be listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within the appropriate quality category.