Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: National Park Service
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
King of Prussia, PA United StatesView Map
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service. Become a part of our mission to unite our past, our cultures and our special places, to establish important connections to the present and build a rich and lasting legacy for future generations.
This is a merit promotion vacancy announcement open to eligible applicants. You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures if you meet one of the following criteria and live in the local commuting area:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
- VEOA eligible, that is, veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous active service. VEOA eligible applicants can live outside of the local commuting area.
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., Veterans Recruitment Appointment, Severely Disabled, Peace Corps, or Interchange Agreements with other Merit Systems).
You must submit your SF-50, DD 214, SF-15 (and supporting documentation), or applicable proof of eligibility for a Special Hire Authority in order to be considered under merit promotion procedures.
This position serves as an Administrative Assistant at both Hopewell Furnace National Historical Site and Valley Forge National Historical Park. You may be required to report to either duty station on a day-by-day basis. The purpose of this position is to provide a full range of administrative support services. You will perform administrative, operational, and clerical support. The work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible. This position is a subject -to- furlough (STF) position with a guaranteed work period of 6 months or 13 two-week pay periods per year. During work periods, the position will be full-time, 40 hours per week. The furlough period is contingent upon funding and operational needs. For the first service year, the employer is planning a one month furlough in January 2014. The employees of the National Park Service care for special places that are the heritage of all Americans. Since its inception in 1916, the National Park Service has been dedicated to the preservation and management of this country's outstanding natural, historical, and recreational resources. National parks are among the most remarkable places in America for recreation, learning, and inspiration.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRD DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please click on the "Print Preview" to view the full announcement. You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application will not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- You must submit proof of eligibility under Merit Promotion Procedures
- Transcripts or Itemized Course List may be required, see Required Documents
- You must submit proof of eligibility for a Special Hire
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm, a valid Driver's License is Required