GS-09: You qualify at the GS-09 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-07 level performing duties such as:
- Gathering, reviewing, verifying and consolidating information needed in formulation and presentation of budget requests;
- Researching financial information to obtain factual information and/or interpretations for use by your supervisor and co-workers; and
- Preparing summaries of data in budget reports and schedules.
GS-9: You may substitute a Master's degree or 2 full years of graduate education in a qualifying field or a J.D. or L.L.B. degree for experience required at the GS-9 grade level. This education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university and demonstrate the skills necessary to do the work of the position. (A course of study in business administration, public administration, and related fields is qualifying.) Check with your school or university to determine how many credit hours comprise two years of graduate education. If that information is not available, use 36 semester or 54 quarter hours.
GS-11: You qualify at the GS-11 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level performing duties such as:
- Performing duties relative to budget obligations and expenditure monitoring;
- Using historical data to prepare estimates of future requirements for a specific program or organization;
- Recommend reprogramming of specific funds and preparing and submitting the justification for approval; and
- Preparing estimates of future requirements for a small program or organization.
GS-11: You may substitute a doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree in a qualifying field for experience at the GS-11 grade level. This education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university and demonstrate the skills necessary to do the work of the position. (A course of study in business administration, public administration, and related fields is qualifying.) Check with your school to determine how many credit hours comprise three years of graduate study. If that information is not available, use 54 semester or 81 quarters hours.
Appropriate combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience also may be used to meet the total qualification requirements for the GS- 9 and 11 grade levels.
GS-12: You qualify at the GS-12 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level performing duties such as:
- Reviewing and coordinating the operating budget obligations, expenditures, apportionments, allocations and the identification of the differences between current and projected spending;
- Reviewing and analyzing historical budget data, current spending records and trends, and using data from various sources for reports;
- Meeting with managers on discrepancies, shortfalls or anticipated problems and make recommendations for corrective actions; and
- Preparing and consolidating budget estimates and justifications for a large program.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Proof of Education: If basing your qualifications on education, you must submit transcripts or list of college courses, with credit hours, major(s) and grade point average or class ranking. (Prior to appointment, an official college transcript will be required.) This education must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire. The questions are related to the following fundamental competencies (or Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) needed to perform the duties of this job: Arithmetic, Attention to Detail, Financial Management, Information Management, Customer Service, Oral Communication, Organizational Awareness, Planning and Evaluating, Problem Solving, Reading, Self-Management, Stress Tolerance, Teamwork and Writing.
Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applicants in the best qualified category will be referred to the hiring manager and may be called for an interview.
ICTAP/CTAP Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP/CTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility is on the OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp. To be considered well qualified under ICTAP/CTAP you must be placed in the well qualified category for this position as described above.
Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are placed in the best qualified category above non-preference eligibles, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. This position is not considered scientific/professional. For more information regarding veterans' preference, please see: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.