Application to this announcement requires the online submission of basic applicant information and responses to competency questions and submission of supporting documentation (described in the required documents section below). All application materials will be accepted until midnight Eastern Time on the closing date. Help in applying online is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the number listed in the Contact information section.
NOTE: Our online application system is 100% compatible with the following web browsers: Netscape; IE versions 5.5 and above and Safari 1.0 and above on Mac. If you are using any other web browser to complete your application you may experience errors, missing text or you may be unable to complete your application on-line.
STEP ONE (On-line Resume):
You must create a user account and at least one Federal resume at USAJOBS
. The information you provide in your Federal resume will become part
of your application and will automatically be transferred to our system when you apply on-line.
1. Begin the application process by clicking on the [Apply Online] button at the bottom of the announcement.
2. Log into your USAJOBS account (if you are not already logged in) or create one (if you do not have one established).
3. Select the resume you would like to submit and click on [Apply for this position now!]. You will now be automatically transferred to our system where you will complete the application process.
STEP TWO (Personal Information and Competencies):
1. Once you have been transferred, follow the on-screen prompts to complete your application. Be certain to read the on-screen instructions thoroughly before continuing. First, you will be asked to complete or update your information on file.
2. After completing or updating your information, you will be asked to respond to questions specific to this vacancy. You must respond to all questions in order to save or proceed with the application process.
3. Once you have answered all the vacancy questions click on [Finished].
STEP THREE (Faxing Supporting Documentation):
The next step of the application process is to fax all the required supporting documentation specified in the Required Documents section of this vacancy announcement. You do not need to have all of your supporting documentation submitted in order continue with the online portion of the application process. Please carefully follow the instructions below to ensure your supporting documents are properly faxed and received. All required documents must be received by midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
1. After answering all vacancy related questions, you will be taken to a page containing a list of fax cover sheets for all required supporting documents.
2. If you have previously faxed supporting documentation the status of those documents will indicate Received
. There is no need to resubmit documents which show a status of received unless you are submitting an updated copy.
3. You must use a separate cover sheet for each type of supporting documentation. Choose the document cover sheet(s) you would like to print by selecting the appropriate check boxes in the Selected Documents
4. Click the Print Cover Sheets
button. A window will pop up containing the fax cover sheet(s) you selected. Print the coversheet(s). NOTE:
You must be connected to a printer in order to print the coversheets.
5. Once you have reviewed the list of documents and printed any required fax cover sheets click on [Done]. You will be moved forward in the application process.
6. Before faxing your document(s), take care to ensure the document is legible and all information is complete and signed, if necessary. Fax only documents which are clear and legible. Original documents with light or faded print and/or dark or patterned backgrounds will not be legible upon receipt. Illegible faxed documents cannot be used for qualification or verification purposes.
7. Place the corresponding cover sheet on top of the document and fax the cover sheet and document together to the fax number specified on the cover sheet.
If you are faxing more than one document, EACH DOCUMENT MUST BE FAXED SEPARATELY
under its corresponding cover sheet to the fax number specified on the cover sheet. DO NOT FAX ALL DOCUMENTS UNDER ONE COVER SHEET
8. Be sure to save these cover sheets in the event you need to re-fax your supporting documents. Each fax transmission includes a unique identification number, which ensures your document is processed correctly.
9. You will receive an e-mail confirming the fax has been successfully received by Human Resources. This EMAIL CONFIRMATION
is our official receipt of submission. The fax confirmation generated by the fax machine is NOT
your official receipt of submission.
Your application will be considered incomplete and YOU WILL BE FOUND INELIGIBLE
if you fail to submit the required documentation as specified under the required documents section by midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
STEP FOUR (Review and Submit Application):
The final step of the application process is to review and submit your complete online application package.
1. Review the personal information, core questions, vacancy questions and resume for accuracy and completeness.
2. Once you are satisfied with your application click on [Finished] to submit your application.
If you do not click on [Finished] your application will not be submitted and you will not receive consideration.
3. Once you have submitted your application you will be redirected back to USAJOBS where you may view your application status, continue to browse for open positions and/or apply for additional positions. You may return at any time until midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement to update or make changes to your
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT APPLY ONLINE:
You are strongly encouraged to complete the on-line portion of the application process via USAJOBS. If you cannot apply on-line, call the number listed under Agency Contact section between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. prior to the closing date to request a hard copy of the complete application package. If you do not request the complete application package, and your application does not include all the information requested within the web site How do I apply if I cannot apply on-line
(See link below.), you will not be considered for this vacancy. Be advised, if you request an application package late in the announcement period, you cannot receive an extension past the closing date. Hard copy faxed applications must be received by midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. Hard copy applications that are not faxed will be accepted at the Human Resources Office listed in the Agency Contact section of this announcement until 4:30 p.m. All hard copy applications must include all the information listed at How do I Apply if I cannot apply on-line
. Application packages submitted via e-mail will NOT be accepted.
***Do NOT use government postage paid envelopes.
***Applicants who cannot apply on-line, click the link below for instructions on how to apply. How to apply if I cannot apply online
At the above web site, click on Frequently Asked Questions
, then Appling for Jobs
and finally How to apply if I cannot apply online
***Be certain to submit all supporting documentation. This information should be submitted in the format prescribed within the Required Documents section of this announcement.
***If you are found qualified for this position, you will ONLY be considered at the grade level(s) for which you applied*
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT ALL OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED ON THE WEB SITE HOW DO I APPLY IF I CANNOT APPLY ON-LINE. APPLICANTS FAILING TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.