MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-05: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: security assistant related experience providing customer service, utilizing desktop computer applications and effectively communicating both orally and in writing to all echelons of personnel; experience with the implementation of administrative rules, regulations, directives and instruction in the protection of classified materials; experience inspecting and evaluating procedures to formulate and coordinate security control and storage of classified materials.
For the GS-06: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: a complete understanding of in-processing newly assigned personnel, initiating e-QIP, passing security clearances/information, and ordering background investigations using OPM PIPS/CVS portal.
For the GS-07: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector performing the following: experience with initial and period reinvestigations for personnel security clearance requirements; progressively responsible experience with security rules, regulations and procedures, or operations in order to perform assignments and resolve problems; experience performing clerical and assistant tasks in support of established personnel security programs.
EDUCATION SUBSTITUTE: Education must demonstrate the applicant obtained the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position. The postsecondary institution from which the education was received must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation by visiting the following website: http://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcripts in order to receive credit for that education.
For the GS-05: Four years of post-high school education leading to a degree may be substituted for specialized experience.
NOTE: There is no education substitution for positions above grade GS-06. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements . For additional information regarding combining education and experience, please visit http://www.opm/gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp.
Please see "Qualifications Required" for requirements of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated: Your resume will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required for the position. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be placed into one of the following categories based on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the specialized experience associated with this position:
- Best Qualified (BQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates exceptional experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Well Qualified (WQ) Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and demonstrates strong experience in most of the requirements of the position.
- Qualified (Q) - Meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meets the requirements of the position either through experience or education.
QUALITY RANKING FACTORS: Address the following Quality Ranking Factors (QRFs)/Critical Elements within the body of your resume.
- Knowledge of a body of standardized security rules, regulations and directives to perform a full range of standard personnel security assignments such as processing a variety of security actions, processing forms for various investigation requirements, reviewing reports of information/investigation on individuals and responding to routine inquiries about personnel security matters.
- Knowledge of security forms, procedures, and requirements related to personnel security sufficient to screen investigation requests to determine which need to be referred to a specialist; extract information from reports; and provide basic information about personnel security programs.
- Knowledge of one or more automated databases such as the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Process (e-QIP), the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), and Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS), that are associated with a specific security function to support office and security operations and produce a variety of documents and reports.
- Knowledge of general clerical office procedures.