To apply for this position, you must provide both of the following parts:
1. Your responses to the Qualifications Questionnaire, and
2. Your resume and any other documents specified in the Required Documents section of this job announcement.
Use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire for convenience and quickest processing.
Option A: Online Qualifications Questionnaire
Tips for using the Online Qualifications Questionnaire:
You must click both Finish and Submit when you are done. Your Online Qualifications Questionnaire is not processed and your résumé is not attached until you click the Submit button, even if USAJOBS says it sent your résumé.
You can upload or fax supporting documents after you Submit the Online Qualifications Questionnaire.
You must complete the entire process by the closing date --
To make sure everything you submitted is successfully received, follow these steps:
1. Go to: https://www.applicationmanager.gov and log in using the box right hand side of the page.
2. Click the radio button for this Vacancy Announcement: Click Select a Vacancy.
3. Verify that all of your documents appear on the table with a status of Processed.
If you Submit more than one Qualifications Questionnaire for this position, the most recent one Submitted is the one that is used. Therefore, it is important for you to complete it in its entirety.
To begin your Online Qualifications Questionnaire, choose one of these options:
If your résumé is going to come from the USAJOBS Resume Builder, you begin the process by clicking the Apply Online button near the bottom of this page. Your résumé will be attached only to the Online Qualifications Questionnaire you complete and Submit from this session, not to any Questionnaires you may already have Saved or Submitted.
If your résumé is going to be one you prepared outside of USAJOBS Résumé Builder, click this link to begin the process: Online Questionnaire.
Option B: Paper Qualifications Questionnaire
If it is not practical for you to use the Online Qualifications Questionnaire, you can write your answers on paper. Follow these steps:
1. You can print a copy of this job announcement so that you can read the questions off line.
2. Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. You can obtain the form at this URL http://www.opm.gov./Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf or by calling USAJOBS by Phone at (703) 724-1850 after the introduction, press 1, and listen for instructions.
3. You may submit the Form 1203-FX, resume, and any supporting documents by fax.
By Fax: If you are faxing a Form 1203-FX, you do not need a separate cover sheet. Simply make sure the Form 1203-FX is on top of any other documents you are faxing. If you are faxing any documents without the Form 1203-FX on top, always use the official cover sheet which is here -- http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf -- and be sure to fill it out completely and clearly. The fax number is 1-478-757-3144. Feed all documents into your fax machine top first so that we receive them right-side up.
ANNOUNCEMENTS CLOSE AT 12:00 A.M. (MIDNIGHT) EASTERN STANDARD TIME Thursday, December 27, 2012
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
001 Automotive Mechanic
061370019 Fresno, CA
1. Do you currently possess the military grade of E-1 through E-5?A. Yes
2. Are you a current military member of the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Regular Air Force?A. Yes
3. Do you have experience or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to maintain and repair automotive vehicles; Must have knowledge of where and how components, accessories, and parts of systems, such as wheel cylinders, fuel lines, condensers, etc. are installed; Must have the ability to use test equipment, reference material and manuals, and maintain tools and equipment?A. Yes
4. Do you have 18 months of specialized experience or training performing a variety of complex automotive maintenance procedures without assistance; Experience which demonstrates knowledge and use of a wide variety of test and measuring instruments in identifying the need for repair and adjustment or in checking the tolerance and fit specifications of repaired components and assemblies?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
5. Inspects general condition of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles to determine overall vehicle condition, cause of malfunction or need of repair.
6. Adjusts or overhauls engine mechanical systems, state of the art fiber optic systems, electrical, air conditioning, fuel-air, emission control, power trains, gear reduction systems, electronic/pneumatic controlled automatic transmissions, differentials, power dividers and brakes, steering and suspension system components.
7. Performs body repair and corrosion control, repaints and refinishes surfaces as required; Repairs may be accomplished by using welding equipment, power tools, hand tools and other specialized equipment; Cleans, tests and repairs radiators/oil coolers and associated parts; Replaces or repairs tires and tubes and balances wheels.
8. Prepares, maintains and submits maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting; Records work performed or delayed and parts or maintenance required.
9. Assists in establishing and maintaining adequate bench and special stock support levels and appropriate tools and equipment.
If your resume DOES NOT includes all the items requested on this vacancy announcement, along with a narrative description of how you meet the general and specialized experience requirements, you may lose consideration for the position. Additionally, any reference to or copies of civilian or military position description CANNOT be accepted to establish qualifications; you may lose consideration for this position.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, transcripts or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
For this job announcement the following documents are required:
Transcripts (if applicable)
· Air Force: Copy of Records Review Report on Individual Person (RIP) within last 30 days;
**For applicants submitting a RIP - Please only include the pages that specify your current Rank/AFSC**
· Army: Copy of Personnel Qualification Record within last 30 days
The following documents are NOT acceptable as attachments to applications: Photographs, copies of position descriptions, training certificates, performance ratings (civilian or military), award certificates or letters of appreciation.
Back to top
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgment email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.