To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-4: Two years of education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
GS-5: Four years of education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite.
GS-6: THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THIS GRADE LEVEL.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4/5/6 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors.
Examples of qualifying GS-4/5 experience include, but are not limited to:
- Providing telephone and receptionist services, maintaining records, handling repairs on office equipment, filing material, and maintaining office filing system.
- Providing general office support to management.
Additionally, examples of qualifying GS-6 experience include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and monitoring travel schedules and arrangements and time and attendance for office personnel.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4/5 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of one-year probationary period.
- Applicants must be qualified typists (40 WPM).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Ability to use office equipment, computer technology, and automated business systems
- Knowledge of correspondence, document processing, records, files, and reports, including those regulated by the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act
- Ability to provide executive assistance and representation
- Ability to identify priorities, changing work requirements, meet deadlines, and lead others
- Knowledge of budget, fiscal, procurement, vehicle, and travel procedures and systems
- Knowledge of human resource management procedures, requirements, and systems, including time and attendance reporting
- Written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.