Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that must have been at least equivalent to the (GS-12) level of specialized work experience in the Federal service, that included experience as a Lead Enterprise SAN Systems Administrator, and specific experience working with ANY or ALL of the following: Cisco Fibre Channel Switches, IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC), EMC and IBM enterprise level storage, EMC Recover Point Appliance (RPA), EMC Data Domain, Oracle SL8500 tape system, Fibre Channel SAN administration, and SANtap.
(Note: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents. If you fail to mention the skills above in your resume, it will affect your qualification for this position).
Applicants must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and makes recommendations.
It is not possible to qualify for this position on the basis of education alone. For more information on qualification for this series, please visit http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-Alta.asp
Candidates must meet qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. All candidates' eligibility must remain active to receive further consideration throughout the employment process. Qualification standards are found in the Operating Manual of Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions or the X-118C, Federal Wage System, which is published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may review these operating manuals in their entirety at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp and all Federal personnel offices.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on the following KSAs, but are not expected to respond to these directly:
Experience of a highly technical nature involved in the administration of the components that make up an Enterprise Storage Area Network.
Skill in working with Cisco switches.
Skill in consulting with a variety of customers on highly technical subjects.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to make recommendations to management on Enterprise Storage.
Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet minimum qualifications and your application demonstrates you possess the particular competencies for this position. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Best-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Well-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire. 3. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be adjusted and/or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.