Job Title: Transportation Industry Analyst, GS-2110-9/11 (Open to DOT Employees Only) DBJob Announcement Number: RITA.BTS-2013-0006
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Research and Innovative Technology Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 to
Friday, December 14, 2012
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current DOT employees with status
The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation's transportation system.
The Transportation Industry Analyst plans, initiates and conducts a broad and significant range of studies to help understand the major issues in transportation, identify gaps and inconsistencies in the data, and provide a body of research that can be used to inform policy. The Analyst provides domain knowledge in one or more specialized area of expertise, while working closely with statisticians and other Analysts. You are part of the Office of Transportation Analysis, and reports to the Assistant Director for Transportation Analysis.
RITA is looking for an experienced motivated and self-reliant candidate willing to learn and adapt to change in working with skilled professionals that ensure the safety and fairness of the transportation industry. This position is located in the New DOT building, which sits directly across the street from the metro and blocks away from the new National’s Baseball stadium. RITA has flexible work schedules and flexible health benefits.
- Must be a DOT employee with status & meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- AnnAnnouncement also advertised to U.S. citizens: RITA.BTS-2013-0005
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
The Transportation Industry Analyst:
- Conducts detailed analysis to identify emerging trends in transportation and in broad social, economic, environmental, technological, or national security areas related to transportation.
- Plans and conducts focused studies of the transportation system to demonstrate patterns, or relationships with other factors, that may be important for policy making.
- Interprets data on the Department’s performance under the Government Performance and Results Act, and provides consulting support to other Operating Administrations within DOT to help develop relevant performance measures and interpret performance data.
- Works together with statisticians and other analysts in team efforts to evaluate the sources and reliability of transportation data, identify solutions to problems, and help implement those solutions.
- Assists in the development of BTS publications and the collection, compilation, and dissemination of comprehensive transportation statistics, contributing knowledge on the performance and impacts of the national transportation system.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet either the education or experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify on Education, you must have:
||To qualify on Experience, you must have one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
||master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B. or J.D., if related
- Experience is analyzing emerging trends in transportation, collecting economic data and preparing reports of findings relating to transportation industry’s operations.
||You can also qualify based on a combination of education and experience
||Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M., if related
- Experience analyzing emerging trends in transportation; conducting research to identify inconsistencies in transportation data and interpreting data to prepare reports relating to transportation industry operations.
||You can also qualify based on a combination of education and experience
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- Time-in-Grade - Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must be provided by the close date:
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- TRANSCRIPTS - Verifying that you meet the stated education requirements for the series an SF-50 showing that you have already qualified and worked in the federal service in this series. The transcripts need not be official. If you are qualifying based on possessing a current Professional Engineer (PE) license, or passing the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam, please provide a copy of PE license or written documented proof of passing the EIT.
- SF-50 - Which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a status applicant
- DD214 - Verifying military service and eligibility for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for new Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit new military spouse NC appointments new Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under new CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85). Submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status into by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.