Job Title:Physician (Orthopedic Surgeon)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VS-13-801406-ML
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$97,987.00 to $295,000.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, January 24, 2013 to Friday, April 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Portland, OR United StatesView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who has borne the battle, and his widow and his orphan, by providing the best care anywhere to Americas Veteran's
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Salary based on experience and education and determined by a Compensation Panel.
This position serves as a staff Orthopedic Surgeon within the Operative Care Division at the Portland VA Medical Center.
An Orthopedic Surgeon is responsible for participating in and/or managing all aspects of an orthopedic surgery program, to include clinical, administrative, academic and research components.
The incumbent will be accountable to the Orthopedic Surgery Section Chief and Chief of the Surgical Service, to assure the most effective delivery of care in Orthopedic surgery while meeting and exceeding compliance standards. The incumbent will have responsibility and decision-making ability for orthopedic surgery patient-care issues.
Preferred Candidate will possess:
1. Board Certification or be Board Eligible in Orthopedic Surgery through the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
2. A Fellowship in lower extremity reconstructive surgery.
3. Interests in primary and revision joints.
4. At least 3 years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.