Job Title:PURCHASING AGENT
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Contracting Command
Job Announcement Number:NEAG12283203798093
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, December 07, 2012 to
Thursday, December 13, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
We are the U.S. Army Contracting Command at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland (APG). We have a large presence at APG with contracting offices around the country including: Adelphi, MD; Natick, MA; Frederick, MD; Research Triangle Park, NC; Fort Belvoir, VA; Orlando, FL; and White Sands Missile Range, NM. ACC-APG supports the warfighter worldwide through acquisition of goods and services vital to the Soldier's mission and well-being. As Army's business conduit, ACC offers the contracting expertise of the best trained people in the Army, ready to support the warfighter as mission requirements emerge and as the Army transforms and moves within the Continental US and throughout the globe while ensuring responsible stewardship of taxpayers' funds.
Because of the partnership with Picerne Military Housing, Department of Army civilian employees now have an option to rent family housing and enjoy the benefits of living on-post at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. There are various floor plans available. Selection is on a first-come first-served basis. If you are interested in this housing option, please contact the Picerne Military Housing Leasing and Relocation Center at 877-276-6659
Duty Station: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Salary: GS-06: $37,983 - $49,375
This is a FPL position GS-10
Who May Apply:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Must submit an annual financial disclosure statement (OG-450)
DUTIES:Back to top
You will serve as a Purchasing Agent for Army Contracting Command. Under the acquisition laws and regulations included in the Federal Acquisition Regulation and its applicable supplements, uses a variety of purchasing procedures to acquire supplies, services, and construction for an ACC-APG buying division. You will be responsible for the entire purchasing process from receipt of purchase request to completion of the order/contract. Contracts are negotiated for requirements that include research and development, commercial and non-commercial supplies and services, specialized equipment, profession studies, and other non-personal services. Screens purchase requests for completeness and adequacy. Determines the method of purchase: existing contract, open market, Federal Supply schedules, etc. Monitors performance of contracts and deliveries, keeping the customer informed of any problems with delivery or performance. Accomplishes various administrative tasks including obtaining supplies and services such as equipment maintenance and repair, files management and preparing in final form all types of documentation and forms incident to division personnel administration (e.g. performance appraisals/standards, training, personnel actions).
This is a developmental positions. Full performance level is GS-1105-10
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent at the next lower grade/level (GS-05). Specialized experience is defined as: knowledge of purchasing procedures, knowledge of contracting process, skills in monitoring cost during contract cycle, ability to interpret regulations/acquisition law and the ability to problem solve.
Time in Grade Requirements: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
Time in Grade Restrictions: Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-05 grade (or equivalent).
Click here for more information.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· Selectees must submit to a security background check
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
· Selectees must submit a Annual Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required
· The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at level II in Acquisition Career Field Contracting within 24 months of entrance on duty.
· Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.