Job Title:Student Trainee (Agricultural Marketing Clerk)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Agricultural Marketing Service
Job Announcement Number:PATHNO-2013-0003
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Thursday, December 6, 2012 to
Monday, February 11, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part-time: 16 to 32 hours per week -
Pathways Internship Program - NTE September 30, 2013|
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Individuals who have been accepted for enrollment or are enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis.|
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a temporary Pathways Internship Program appointment not-to-exceed September 30, 2013. The anticipated hours are 16 to 32 per week. This position is located in Washington, DC.
The Standards Division of the National Organic Program (NOP) is responsible for the development and implementation of organic standards including engaging in rulemaking to amend the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (National List) and other sections of the NOP regulations.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the National List Coordinator to populate the National List database; run queries and reports; and troubleshoot data entry issues.
- Assists in development of internal system for managing National List records and historical documents; including sorting archived information, and filing and scanning records, and updating information on the program website.
- Assists in National List petition reviews, including data entry, assessing petitions for completeness, notifying the National List Coordinator of missing information, and drafting correspondence when needed as part of the petition process.
- Exercises customer service principles and provides first level customer support to petitioners of the National List.
- Assists in reporting status of National List petitions to internal staff and to the National Organic Standards Board.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the GENERAL EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-4: 2 years of successfully completed education beyond the high school level
TRANSCRIPTS are required.
This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts
GENERAL EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of general experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to identify issues and problems, consider different courses of action and determine which course will produce the most positive outcome.
- Ability to analyze incoming documents for completeness and sufficiency, and to provide feedback to the submitter if more information is needed.
- Skill in interpersonal communications and ability to accomplish work as a team member.
- Skill using a computer as well as a variety of commonly used software packages (word processing, spreadsheet).
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-4 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and general experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions
- Proof of student status must be submitted with the application. Applications will not be considered without this documentation.
- DD214 (Member 4 copy) or other veterans' documents required to receive veterans' preference.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entrance on duty.
- A Pathways Participant Agreement will be required if you are selected for a position. The agreement must be signed by all applicable parties prior to entrance on duty.
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
- Schedule will be determined when student is selected: Student may work between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Category rating procedures will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. The following quality categories will be used: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Within each quality category, veterans' preference eligibles will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Your final category placement will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you. To preview questions please click here.