Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT) - NIAID - MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-796985
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, December 10, 2012 to
Friday, December 14, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located within the Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Office of the Director (OD), Customer Services Branch (CSB) of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If you are selected for this position, you will:
- Provide technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems.
- Develop service level agreements (SLAs) that define requirements and expectations for the delivery of customer support services, and develop and implement performance criteria to ensure that requirements are achieved.
- Perform work pertaining primarily to the coordination, tasking, and successful operation of desktop support, server operation and maintenance, data backup and recovery, continuity of operation, database management and optimization, etc.
- Manage special projects that have a significant impact on the delivery of customer support services; e.g., infrastructure or work force relocation. Represent the customer support office in planning for the installation and implementation of new systems; e.g., upgrade to a new operating system.
- Perform research and analysis on new PC/workstation equipment, software, and/or communications to ensure network compatibility. Perform planning, design and integration of system views as they relate to compatibility.
- Evaluate specifications and features of new products, performing product comparisons, feasibility and cost benefit analyses, and performance and compatibility testing. Make recommendations for future implementation to management.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must demonstrate in your resume IT related experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that you possess each of the following four competencies: 1. Attention to Detail is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; 2. Customer Service Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; 3. Oral Communication Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; 4. Problem Solving identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: providing technical support to customers which includes diagnosing and resolving the most difficult IT problems in response to customer reported incidents, researching and providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements, developing and maintaining IT problem tracking and resolution database systems, and providing customer training in IT systems and applications.
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: