Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:KB-13-AFe-800390
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, December 06, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 12, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Indianapolis, IN United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position is located in the Finance Unit of Fiscal Service at the VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN. As a Teller, you will be responsible for appropriate collection and disbursement of funds and rendering all monetary services to patients and employees. Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintains cash flow to ensure adequate cash is on hand at all times;
Directs the work of Tellers and cashiers;
Plans, staffs, directs and trains all activities of the Finance Unit;
Posts/applies payments, stores payment data, reconciles daily deposits and accommodates prepayments;
Balances accounts daily to assure disbursing funds and collections are properly accounted for;
Interprets regulations of the Treasury Department, General Accounting Office, VA Manuals, and Collection Unit.
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am 5:00 pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must have the following qualifications:
Candidates must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level in Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of a Teller. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: reviewing vouchers for payment, maintaining cash balances, and ordering funds from the bank; receiving and depositing monies collected for payment; preparing and issuing receipts for all types of collections received; making authorized cash payments from advanced funds; researching payments and annotating all bills covered by individual checks, entering payments into computer; producing hard copy lists of receipts for audit/input and accounting office.
A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment
In addition to the requirements above, you will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
1. Ability to organize and priorities the activities of an office.
2. Ability to lead and manage a group of employees.
3. Knowledge of banking practices and currency.
4. Knowledge of office and banking software.
The physical requirements are of a normal business office environment.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements.
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed " SF15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," (go to http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and required documentation with your application materials. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete application (See "Required Documents" section below). The complete Application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, December 12, 2012.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button on the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Be sure to upload the required documents before you submit your application. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process. Mailed/emailed applications will not be accepted.
Note: To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 800390. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The following documents are required:
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire
- Other documents - use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for well-qualified, displaced Federal employees), or documentation to support Veterans Preference claims. You will not be contacted for additional information.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.