We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
As a condition of employment, male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Direct deposit of pay is required.
1. This is a sensitive (Level 2) position.
2. This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program and subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
3. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all external announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this external announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA, in your work history, please include work history that describes how you meet the answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
4. Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
5. Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
6. Some, all or none of the referred candidates may be interviewed.
7. You may be asked to verify information you have provided on your application for employment with the FAA, such as proof of citizenship, military service, disability status, military documents, references, or other supporting documentation.
8. The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
9. Applicant must apply on-line to receive consideration for this vacancy. Faxed, mailed, or emailed application cannot be accepted.
10. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm
11. This position is also being advertised under vacancy announcement number AWA-AST-13-DB75082-28984 to Current or Former Federal Employees and Expanded Veterans Hiring Opportunity (EVHO). Please review both vacancy announcements to determine if you are eligible to apply.
12. Leave Enhancement: FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly appointed or reappointed employees. In order to receive consideration for such benefit, applicants' prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, and granting such benefit is not an entitlement or a guarantee.
This is a bargaining unit position.Links to Important Information: Locality Pay
, COLACitizenshipFinancial Disclosure