Work Environment and Conditions:
· May be required to operate cranes, hoists, forklifts, and/or hand trucks to handle heavy material and equipment.
· You may be required to work both inside and outside in excessive heat, cold, humidity, dampness or chilling weather conditions, be exposed to excessive and/or constant intermittent noise; work in confined areas and on slippery or uneven surfaces; work in awkward uncomfortable positions; and enter accesses 18 inches in diameter.
· While working, you may be exposed to machinery with moving parts, moving objects, elevations, electricity, sharp edges, and confined spaces.
· This job requires lifting and/or carrying weights of 45 pounds and over.
· Only applicants that demonstrate that they are able to successfully perform the duties of the position under normal supervision will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
To be considered for these positions, you must demonstrate the ability to do the work of a Toolroom Mechanic under normal supervision. In addition, you must demonstrate knowledge of the equipment, structure, materials, etc commonly used in the trade; ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (including blueprint reading); ability to layout and develop patterns; and ability to use hand tools, power tools, etc.
Qualified candidates will be assigned to the following quality categories:
Best Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
To view the assessment questions, please click on the following link: View Assessment Questions