Job Title:Student Trainee (Laborer)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command
Job Announcement Number:SWEX12350102800198
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$14.30 to $18.53 / Per Hour|
|Friday, December 21, 2012 to Thursday, January 03, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Internships NTE September 30|
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Fort Leavenworth, KS United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: You will serve as Student Trainee (Laborer) under the Pathways Internship Program for Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. As Student Trainee (Laborer), you will be responsible for performing manual labor tasks in accomplishing a variety of maintenance work.
Positions may be filled at the WG-02 or WG-03. These positions do not offer promotion potential.
Pathways Internship Program: The Pathways Internship Program is for current students and individuals accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational program. It replaces the existing Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) and Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP). The internship program provides students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school.
- Moving expenses are not authorized, based on a determination that a move is not in the Government's interest.
- This position is temporary and will not exceed 30 September 2012. Extension while still in school may be possible.
- Veterans Preference applies to selection for positions in the Pathways Program.
- Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
About the Surrounding Area:
Fort Leavenworth, also known as "The Best Home town in the Army," is located in the heartland of America. The historic character of the post is enhanced by its campus setting, open green space, and hometown atmosphere. Neighboring Kansas City offers the attractions of a major metropolitan area. For more information, please visit http://garrison.leavenworth.army.mil/ or http://www.visitkc.com/.
Who May Apply:
- Pathways Internship Program Eligible - Applicants that are a current student in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree program; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate on a full or half time basis.
- See "Other Requirements"