Job Title:Cyber Intelligence Analyst (EX)
Department:Department Of Justice
Agency:Federal Bureau of Investigation
Job Announcement Number:FO-2013-0009
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$33,979.00 to $54,028.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, December 05, 2012 to Friday, February 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time/Excepted Service - Permanent|
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
FBI - Location Determined by the needs of the FBI, US
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This announcement is open to all qualified U.S. citizens.|
This position is being advertised concurrently with Announcement Number FO-2013-0015. FBI candidates who wish to be considered on External and FBI only certificates must apply to both announcements. Salary differs according to locality.
FIDELITY, BRAVERY, INTEGRITY
As a threat-based and intelligence-driven national security organization, the FBI's mission is to protect and defend the United States against terrorists and foreign intelligence threats, to uphold and enforce the criminal laws of the United States, and to render assistance to federal, state, municipal, and international law enforcement and intelligence partners.
THIS POSTING IS FOR APPLICANTS WITH CYBER BACKGROUNDS* ONLY. APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT POSSESS A CYBER BACKGROUND WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE.
*For a list of degrees and/or work experiences being sought, see the CURRENT NEEDS OF THE CYBER PROGRAM section below.
TODAY'S FBI. IT'S FOR YOU.
The FBI seeks responsible, motivated, self-starters to work in a high pressure and demanding team environment.
Intelligence Analysts at the FBI are on the frontline of protecting America's national security. They piece together disparate bits of information to form integrated views on issues of national security and public safety by utilizing language, cultural and historical knowledge; leveraging local and national intelligence databases; analyzing intelligence collected in the field offices; and developing fact-based conclusions and intelligence reports. Now more than ever, the global intelligence workforce must seamlessly combine their talents to protect the nation.
THE FBI’S INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - CYBER
With private and public sector reliance on computer technology, cyber security is becoming more and more critical. At the FBI, our priority is to protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes. As such, the FBI is seeking applicants for the Intelligence Analyst Cyber Career Path to support a diverse and complex caseload.
As a Cyber IA, you may be asked to use your skills to:
- Work on multi-faceted investigations of high-tech crimes, including cyber-based terrorism, computer intrusions, online exploitation, and major cyber frauds
- Identify and investigate individuals or groups involved in Foreign Intelligence incidents, Terrorist Groups/Threats and Criminal Organizations
- Counteract operations that target National Security and U.S. Intellectual property so as to prevent and respond to potentially disabling attacks on the nation’s physical and electronic infrastructure, i.e. banks, water and food supply, etc.
- Participate in on-going efforts to dismantle national and transnational organized crime engaged in online fraud and everyday cyber crime
As a member of the FBI team, you will have the unique opportunity to lead from within your community, contribute to large and small-scale investigations and lend your talents to cases that impact the nation on a global scale.
Learn more about FBI IAs.
CURRENT NEEDS OF THE IA CYBER PROGRAM
To be eligible for this posting, applicants must have:
(1) One of the following degrees being sought OR (2) At least one year of the backgrounds/work experiences detailed below.
Degrees Being Sought:
- Applied & Computational Mathematics
- Computer & Digital Forensics
- Computer & Information Security
- Computer Forensics and/or Digital Investigations
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Information Technology Education
- Computer Security
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Technician
- Cyber Security
- Database Development
- Digital Investigations Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Enterprise Computing
- Information Assurance and Security
- Information Science
- Information Management
- Information Security
- Information Technology Management
- Management Information Systems
- Network and Telecommunications Management
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
Backgrounds/Work Experience Being Sought:
- Computer Programming
- Computer Network Design
- Computer or Network Penetration Testing
- Computer Security
- Computer Software Development
- Cyber Investigations
- Database Development
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Internetworking Technologies (Routers/Bridges/Gateways/Firewalls/Hubs/LANS/WANS)
- Malware Analysis
- Network Administration
- Network Security Auditing
- Network Traffic Analysis
- Non-Introductory teaching of any of the above areas at the college level or in industry
- Operating Systems Enterprise Administration
- Working with SCADA/ICS Systems
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Must successfully pass all assessments in the IA hiring process
- Must successfully complete the 9-11 week Intelligence Basic Course