Conditions of Employment:
1. Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation.
2. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
3. All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service (see http://www.sss.gov/ ). If selected for this position, the applicant must sign a statement certifying his registration, or the applicant must demonstrate exempt status under the Selective Service Law.
- If you are an eligible Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other applicants for this position. Individuals who have special priority selection rights under CTAP or ICTAP must be well qualified for the position. To be well qualified, applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and score 85 or better on established ranking criteria, not including veterans preference points, if applicable. CTAP and/or ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a recent (or last) performance appraisal; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; or, if applicable, an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. (http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap.)
- If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- The Department of Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, politics, marital status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism.
- The Department of Justice welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities and is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within the Department.
- The Department provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing specialist listed in the vacancy announcement. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- In addition to applying through competitive procedures certain applicants with disabilities may be considered non-competitively under a Schedule A hiring authority. To qualify for employment under Schedule A, an applicant must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness. As proof of disability and certification of job readiness, applicants may provide records, statement, or other appropriate information issued from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., State or private); or an Federal agency, State agency, or an agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. Proof of disability and certification of job readiness must be included in the application package. For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp.