To qualify, there is no specific length of training or experience required; however, you must be able to demonstrate enough experience in your application to show you possess sufficient potential to learn and advance as Maintenance Mechanic.
This position requires the ability to do the work of this Maintenance Mechanic position without more than normal supervision. Your resume must demonstrate that you can interpret and apply blueprints to install, modify, and repairing large/complex utility and supply systems and equipment such as sewage, water, oil, and gas distribution systems, and fire sprinkler systems; construction and repair on a wide variety of structural items such as walls, staircases, and miscellaneous items such as assembly/maintenance of office furniture; install and recognize the causes of faulty equipment, and make repairs on a variety of domestic and commercial refrigeration and air conditioning units, water supply systems and gas lines.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position
Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period
- Must be able to complete required operators training for equipment assigned.
- May be periods of long standing; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities.
- Recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, such as tool boxes and machinery.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Lift and carry heavy pieces of lumber or equipment normally not in excess of 50 pounds.
- May be required to work with or around potentially hazardous carcinogenic substances such as asbestos.
- Works in all types of weather; outside is exposed to both heat and cold;
- Works on rooftops, scaffolding and high ladders.
- Indoors is exposed to noise from power tools, dirt, dust. Is subject to cuts, splinters, etc., and other injuries associated with the use of hand and power tools.
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by TAG:Closing Date
Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
CATEGORY RATING: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
Your application/resume will be evaluated based on the job elements listed below:
1. Ability to do the work of this Maintenance Mechanic position without more than normal supervision (screen-out element).
2. Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, and Repair.
3. Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc (includes blueprint reading)
4. Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
5. Knowledge of Materials.
Information for Veterans: Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.