In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
The applicant must have been accepted for enrollment or be enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis and must have completed at least 2 academic years of post-high school study or have obtained an associate's degree. The applicant must also be in good academic standing with a cumulative 2.0 grade point average.
In order to be qualified you must have completed at least 2 academic years of post-high school study or have obtained an associate's degree. The required education must lead to a bachelor's degree with specialization in or directly related to the field in which the student trainee will receive training on the job. The degree of specialization in this field must satisfy on graduation the specific educational requirements in the qualification standard for the corresponding two-grade interval position.
You MUST meet the definition of a STUDENT for the duration of your appointment.
The definition of a student is: an individual accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Unofficial transcripts and proof of enrollment (REQUIRED).
4. Writing Sample
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: organizational skills, knowledge of standard record keeping policies, procedures, or operations; knowledge of office automation equipment and software. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, and Acceptable, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
A Quality Ranking Factor* has been requested by the Agency to help determine which of the basically qualified applicants are likely to be better qualified for a position. The quality ranking factor for this
position is: "Record of outstanding achievement that evidences an aptitude for critically reviewing and maintaining legal and ethics files, training forms, outside activity justifications, and financial disclosures. This can be demonstrated through examples of academic achievement and/or leadership ."
*Quality Ranking Factors are skills, knowledge, abilities, or other worker characteristics which could be expected to result in superior performance on the job. Quality ranking factors will not be used for screening, but may be used as ranking criteria. Applicants with higher proficiency levels may rank above those with lower proficiency levels on a quality ranking factor.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.